Sunday, November 22, 2015

Finals Weekend

This was Finals Weekend for me.

First, an inter-denominational continuing ed group I have been part of for the past two years came to a close.  It was a program through Fuller Seminary and is called a Micah Group (based on Micah 6:8 -- What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?)

This was sort of an experiment of sorts as it gathered people scattered from Portland to Ashland.  Over the two years we lost a few people due to theological issues or job issues, but we maintained a decent core group of people.  We would meet both in real life and virtually about once a month.

Friday was our last time together.  I'm not sure how many of them will read this, but it was a pleasure being with Mark, Steve, Dave, Murray, Randy, Joel, and Barbara.  Blessings to them all as we continue on in our various ministries.

Second, I worked my last football game of the season.  I didn't really work it, since I was the alternate (Should an official be unable to complete his duties, you will be called upon to finish the job).  But I rode up to the game with the crew, worked on the sidelines managing the chain crew for the Head Linesman so he could concentrate on the game and not the chains, we said goodbye to a 40-year official who retired after this game, and generally had a fine time.

It was a long, good weekend, but man is my brain fried and I need a nap.

I have one more meeting to attend, and then I think I will be going to bed.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.