Thursday, October 09, 2014

Prison Ministry?

A few weeks ago I received a letter from an inmate at the Eastern Oregon Correctional Facility.  In that letter he said that he was most likely to be released to our area in three years, was there an N/A group (he's a recovering addict) and could he tell me more about the church?

I replied back saying that there were groups that met here, but couldn't promise it would still be going in three years, and I enclosed a few TEC brochures.

I received another letter from him today.  He wants to know if I can fix him up with an N/A sponsor and would I be willing to be his spiritual mentor.

How do these people find me?

1 comments:

Ivkra | 6:43 PM, October 09, 2014  

You're a priest, and people, especially people struggling with something like addiction, are sometimes desperate enough to think priests might be sources of help with what's deemed in AA terminology, at least, a "spiritual illness."

First time comments will be moderated.