Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Everybody gets weird

Yesterday was a decent day.  I came in for half the day to do some desk work and begin looking at the sermon.  While I was here, I had a conversation with a parishioner about her upcoming dealings with the dementia of her husband.  I say upcoming because the long, slow slide is just beginning to be noticeable.  But she's got a good attitude (for now) and a strong faith, and I let her know that we would get through this together.

During the course of the conversation, she had the best quote ever:  "Everybody gets weird individually."

I took the afternoon off for some personal time since I didn't get much of that this past weekend with the two funerals and Sunday services.  I went to the football field to run because it's been too long since I did that, and then I was pretty much a slug the rest of the day until I had to leave for the weekly football meeting.

Things there are progressing nicely, and we had another rookie show up last night.  I think that we have eight or so active rookies (i.e. rookies that are on my list AND show up for the meetings).  So that's good.  Not great, but better than two.

After the meeting the board had a special meeting to discuss a particular individual.  Due to the nature of the situation, I can't go into details; but it was decided that we would invite him to find other interests at this time.

Yep . . . everybody gets weird individually.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.