Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Sunday of the Passion: Palm Sunday

Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!
Hosanna in the highest!

Thou art the King of Is-ra-el, thou Da-vid's roy-al Son,
who in the Lord's Name com-est, the King and Bless-ed One.
All glo-ry, laud, and hon-or to thee, Re-deem-er, King!
to whom the lips of chil-dren made sweet ho-san-nas ring.

. . . Then all the disciples deserted him and fled . . .

Jesus stood before the governor, Pilate.
"Are you the King of the Jews?"
"You say so."

"Then what should I do with Jesus who is called the Messiah?"
"Crucify him!"
"Why, what evil has he done?"
"CRUCIFY HIM!!"

They led him away to crucify him.
Then Jesus cried with a loud voice and breathed his last.

Who was the guilt-y?  Who brought this up-on thee?  A-las, my
trea-son, Je-sus, hath un-done thee.  'Twas I, Lord Je-sus,
I it was de-nied thee: I cru-ci-fied thee.

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 3:48 PM, April 13, 2014  

I have just finished reading a book called "Killing Jesus" which describes in more detail than you ever want to know what was involved in a crucifixion.

Perhaps the Gospels don't go into much detail because when it was written the people knew these things, but believe me, it would make a great Lenten study.

First time comments will be moderated.